RSS

Weekend (The Ring)

Hubby and me decided to follow my inlaws in their summer cottage today. On the way in the summer cottage a lot of thoughts filled my mind. I was very excited to think of the things that we will do when we arrive. I was confuse if i should pick berries first, or go fishing, maybe boating or maybe we'll start swimming right away. When we arrived the sun started to hide in the clouds, to my husband's disappointment. I started to think that maybe i'll just start updating my blog but after a few minutes the sun was shining again. Hubby asked me if I could accompany him to the lake and swim with him. I hesitated for a second but the thought of the fun we'll going to have in the water made me said yes. I was trying all the of flotation device (salbabida) we have there but nothing worked for me. I thought that the rubber boat would be the best of all to ride so I decided to get it and went to the sauna house to pick it up. As I was trying to carry the heavy rubber boat I noticed that my wedding ring is not in my finger anymore. I was so worried and tried to find it in the sauna house area. Few minutes later hubby and my inlaws found out what happened and they joined me finding my ring. After an hour the kids neighbor arrived and helped us find my ring too. One of the kids went back to their house to get their metal detector thing. We tried to find it for another hour and then the Uncle of the kids arrive and tried to help us too. I was so sad of what happened and my mom inlaw tried to comfort me. And then the Uncle of the kids phoned somebody and later on I found out that he phoned someone who can help us. My mom in law explained that, that man owned a bigger metal detector machine, as I could not understand what they are talking about for they speak Finnish. We decided to continue to find my ring when the man with the bigger metal detector arrives. We all decided not to spoil the fun we had earlier so we tried swimming again with the neighbor's kids. In the evening the man with the detector thing arrived and started looking. I was so embarrased of what happened. A lot of people has been disturbed from what they are doing just to help us find my ring. I thought I lost it in the sauna house area so thats where we tried to look for it. My father in law was even starting to think to remove the floor in the sauna house porch (where I thought I lost the ring) to find my ring there. Hubby and the man with the detector tried to find the ring the area where I walked before I went to the sauna to get the rubber boat. Me, Mama Leena, Papa Pertti and the kids uncle continued to look for in the sauna house porch. I started to lose hope but then hubby came and hold my hand and put the ring back in my finger. I coundn't describe how I felt. I was so happy, I didn't know how to thank both man (The Uncle of the Neighbors kids and the man with the metal detector thing) who helped us. They were strangers to me and so me to them, and yet they did not hesitate to help me and did not even asked for anything in return. The pleasure that I felt of meeting such people was unexplainable. I am overjoyed of the thought that I have met very nice people in this country.


Mama Leena, The man who owns the detector, Me and Papa Pertti

2 comments:

S-H-Y said...

wah na disturb sila tnan sa imo sing2 lingaw at least nkita og balik :P. Ang amo sing2 duha sa ako bana kay naa sa kaban kay puro luag na sa amoa heheheh...

Jenny0323 said...

Lagi sar. Natouch baya ko sa ilang gipakita. hehehe.