RSS

Davao City's Peoples Park

When I found out that my inlaws are visiting Philippines to attend our wedding I was surprised and very excited. I was happy of the thought that they will be visiting my country and I couldn't wait to see them there.

A few days after my inlaws arrival, we finally had the time to bond together. Because of the very short time we had I wasn't able to tour them in Davao tourists spots. Most of the time we went to different malls and I really look like a tourist guide with six blonde people around me. Both of my parent's in law, sister in law and her two kids were there.
The day before the wedding, we decided to go to Davao's famous park, the People's Park. We had a wonderful time touring there. My sister inlaws kids were confused and shy because a lot of people were looking at them but I saw smiles in their face while touring the park especially playing in the children's playground. Our tour was very nice and everyone is game for picture taking with the park's statues.

People's Park is the nicest park in Davao, it is formerly known as PTA Ground. The park was opened last December 2007. The four hectare park was divided into several area like the plaza, fun or kids playground and durian dome. It has wonderful landscapes and man made water falls. The park is surrounded with different kinds of flowers and trees and it has park has a lot of unique looking statues made by Davao's very own artist, painter and sculptor Kublai Millan.

6 comments:

kathy said...

Nice to have your in-laws there to see our culture...

kathy said...

Nice to have your in-laws there to see our culture...

ruby said...

been here too..

lina@happy family said...

It seems one of great places...

FaYe said...

i've visited 10 countries but NEVER BEEN TO DAVAO. i have uncles and aunties in maragusan.
hope to visit this place someday.

veronica said...

wweeeee!!! i've been here too!!! in Davao People's Park i mean :D it's a really great park! sooo clean!!!